Kendo UI vs Riot: What are the differences?
What is Kendo UI? Fast, light, complete: 70+ jQuery-based UI widgets in one powerful toolset. Fast, light, complete: 70+ jQuery-based UI widgets in one powerful toolset. AngularJS integration, Bootstrap support, mobile controls, offline data solution.
What is Riot? A React-like user interface micro-library. Riot brings custom tags to all browsers. Think React + Polymer but with enjoyable syntax and a small learning curve.
Some of the features offered by Kendo UI are:
- Ultimate Performance with Minimum Resources
- Mobile-Friendly and Responsive
- Built-In, Customizable Themes
On the other hand, Riot provides the following key features:
- Absolutely the smallest possible amount of DOM updates and reflows.
- One way data flow: updates and unmounts are propagated downwards from parent to children.
- Expressions are pre-compiled and cached for high performance.
"Collection of controls" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Kendo UI, while over 11 developers mention "Light weight. Fast. Clear" as the leading cause for choosing Riot.
Kendo UI and Riot are both open source tools. It seems that Riot with 13.7K GitHub stars and 1.02K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Kendo UI with 2.16K GitHub stars and 1.73K GitHub forks.
Oconics, Callision, and GripeO are some of the popular companies that use Kendo UI, whereas Riot is used by BestFone 2.0, Walla!, and Thanx. Kendo UI has a broader approval, being mentioned in 15 company stacks & 8 developers stacks; compared to Riot, which is listed in 9 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.