Logentries vs Loggly: What are the differences?
What is Logentries? Real-time log management and analytics built for the cloud. Logentries makes machine-generated log data easily accessible to IT operations, development, and business analysis teams of all sizes. With the broadest platform support and an open API, Logentries brings the value of log-level data to any system, to any team member, and to a community of more than 25,000 worldwide users.
What is Loggly? Log Management, Simplified in the Cloud. The world's most popular cloud-based log management service delivers application intelligence.
Logentries and Loggly belong to "Log Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Logentries are:
- Logs as Metrics - Extract field level values, analyze them using powerful search functions, and visualize them with detailed dashboards.
- Dynamic Log Correlation - Dynamically group and correlate your logs in a single dashboard, or aggregate logs from a particular system to give an end-to-end view.
- Live Tail - View your streaming logs in real-time and highlight important events to easily see errors or exceptions in your live data.
On the other hand, Loggly provides the following key features:
- See what your application is doing during development
- Catch exceptions and track execution flow
- Graph and report on the number of errors generated
"Log search" is the top reason why over 31 developers like Logentries, while over 35 developers mention "Centralized log management" as the leading cause for choosing Loggly.
According to the StackShare community, Logentries has a broader approval, being mentioned in 136 company stacks & 18 developers stacks; compared to Loggly, which is listed in 95 company stacks and 15 developer stacks.
What is Logentries?
What is Loggly?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Logentries?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Logentries is an easy-to-use, self-hosted log management and analytics service for teams of all sizes. It is integrated as a Heroku add-on which makes it simple to search, analyze, and manage the logs.
We log things of importance to loggly. It's a nice one-stop place to search into errors, exceptions, and expectations.
Main service used by Coolfront Mobile and Coolfront Books to capture logging information.
We are still trying to figure out the best logging approach for production