OpenTok vs Sinch: What are the differences?
What is OpenTok? Enhance your products with live, face-to-face communication. OpenTok adds the clarity and emotion of face-to-face communication to your brand whether you're developing for the web, iOS, or Android. We make the integration of high-quality live video a breeze so that you can focus on building a great product.
What is Sinch? Add calling & messaging to your app in minutes. Sinch makes it easy for developers to add voice, messaging and SMS to their apps with just a few lines of code. Enrich your apps with communications that your users will love.
OpenTok and Sinch can be categorized as "Communications SDK" tools.
Some of the features offered by OpenTok are:
- Layout control- Create layouts that complement your content and empower your application's experience.
- Peer-to-peer calls- Take advantage of peer-to-peer calling for better quality and lower- latency 1:1 scenarios.
- Archiving- Download or save calls for future playback with this extension to the OpenTok platform.
On the other hand, Sinch provides the following key features:
- Voice calling and SMS at market leading prices
- Enrich your apps with sticky features such as messaging and calling to increase user retention and engagement