Opsmatic vs TraceView: What are the differences?
Opsmatic: Complete configuration and live state monitoring with automatic drift detection. Configuration monitoring with automatic drift detection. Tools to compare host states and visualize activity, helping you solve problems faster. Shared visibility for your entire technical team; TraceView: Ridiculously Detailed Application Monitoring. Expose everything, from the webserver to database, cache and API calls. The core technology is based on X-Trace, a distributed tracing framework that’s served as the inspiration for companies like Google and Twitter.
Opsmatic and TraceView can be primarily classified as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Opsmatic are:
- Drift detection for host groups
- Run failure alerts for Chef and Puppet
- Infrastructure-wide search
On the other hand, TraceView provides the following key features:
- Track every machine involved in a transaction and identify bottlenecks in a single click.
- Isolate interesting calls and drill down to the line of code and machine it ran on.
- Tie together code and infrastructure metrics with database, service, and cache calls, all in the context of a single transaction.