Panda vs Zencoder: What are the differences?
What is Panda? Dedicated video encoding in the cloud. Panda is a cloud-based platform that provides video and audio encoding infrastructure. It features lightning fast encoding, and broad support for a huge number of video and audio codecs. You can upload to Panda either from your own web application using our REST API, or by utilizing our easy to use web interface.
What is Zencoder? Cloud-based video and audio encoding product suite. Zencoder downloads the video and converts it to as many formats as you need. Every output is encoded concurrently, with virtually no waiting—whether you do one or one hundred. Zencoder then uploads the resulting videos to a server, CDN, an S3 bucket, or wherever you dictate in your API call.
Panda and Zencoder can be categorized as "Media Transcoding" tools.
Some of the features offered by Panda are:
- Unlimited encoding- When we say unlimited we mean unlimited. With your own dedicated resources, you can upload as much media as you like with no per-minute charge.
- Deliver everywhere- Encode your videos to be viewable in any browser, with any player, on any device.
- High definition- From the cellphone to the big screen, your video will always look gorgeous with 1080p HD video.
On the other hand, Zencoder provides the following key features:
- Fastest Encoding Speeds- Zencoder consistently delivers the fastest encoding times in the cloud. Even HD Quality video is encoded faster than realtime.
- Easy API Integration- Integrate in an afternoon with Zencoder's well documented API, easy-to-use API Request Builder, integration libraries, and dedicated support.
- Any Video. Any Device.- Zencoder has an industry leading 99.9% encoding success rate and supports outputs for nearly every device on the market.
What is Panda?
What is Zencoder?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Panda?
What are the cons of using Panda?
What are the cons of using Zencoder?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
We were looking for a versatile #MediaTranscoding service for #video to convert TV shows and movies from large content providers into web #VideoStreaming formats. These content providers gave us files ranging from Apple ProRes to h.264, with file sizes from 1 GB to 100 GB, and we needed a tool that could cope with all of it. We looked at Amazon Elastic Transcoder and Zencoder, and eventually chose @Zencoder because it had support for every format we needed, good handling of sound channel remapping, and a clear UI with fast processing times. We automated our usage with it by writing a simple Python script to interact with it's API, and hosted the input and output AV files on Amazon S3, which it could easily talk to. So far we've converted 15 TB representing several thousand files using the service and are quite happy!