Piio vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
Developers describe Piio as "Generates responsive images so you don't have to optimize". Piio automatically generates real-time responsive images for your website visitors and delivers them at maximum speed. (lazy loading feature included). On the other hand, scikit-image is detailed as "Image processing in Python". scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
Piio and scikit-image belong to "Image Processing and Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Piio are:
- Cross device experience - Don’t worry about multiple resolutions or mobile devices, Piio automatically loads the best image for each device.
- Automatic Responsive Images - We learn from your html and deliver pixel perfect images, they don't only load faster but they'll look better.
- CDN Deliver - With worldwide reach, our CDN provides low latency and faster download times.
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
scikit-image is an open source tool with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K GitHub forks. Here's a link to scikit-image's open source repository on GitHub.