Redmine vs Unito: What are the differences?
What is Redmine? A flexible project management web application written using Ruby on Rails framework. Redmine is a flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database.
What is Unito? Asana - Github integration for seamless collaboration. Unito is a project management tools integrator. Make collaboration seamless across teams. First integration: Asana - Github. Jira, Wrike and Trello on their way.
Redmine and Unito can be primarily classified as "Project Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Redmine are:
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible role based access control
- Flexible issue tracking system
On the other hand, Unito provides the following key features:
- Connect safely your GitHub and Asana accounts on Unito
- Choose the repository and project you want to sync from the Unito interface
- Every new change you or your team make in Github or Asana will be synced across tools
"Open source" is the top reason why over 47 developers like Redmine, while over 5 developers mention "Asana - GitHub Integration" as the leading cause for choosing Unito.
Redmine is an open source tool with 3.41K GitHub stars and 1.86K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Redmine's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Redmine?
What is Unito?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Redmine?
What are the cons of using Unito?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We were using a hosted version of Redmine to track defects and user stories originally. We migrated to Jira.
Jira was an easy decision for a number of reasons:
- It's much more "Scrum ready" straight out of the box
- It's so much easier to keep a track of progress (I love the reporting)
- It natively encourages you to adhere to Scrum/Agile/Kanban practices
- Atlassian has a fantastic DevOps ecosystem when considering the likes of Confluence and Bamboo etc
- So many integrations!
- Its UI is so intuitive which makes it an absolute pleasure to use!
I know there are alot of other tools in this space but not even considering anything else at the moment. Love Jira!
Our team has been using Redmine as our project management tools as well as bug tracking system at the very beginning. It's very easy to use although it is a little complex for new guys to set it up. Best of all, it's free and you can host it on your own server.
Used by IT team team to track all tickets for all products. All product defects, features and development tasks are entered in Redmine, categorized, and assigned to developers. All code releases are tracked along with the corresponding tickets within this system.