Stashboard vs StatusPage.io: What are the differences?
Developers describe Stashboard as "An open-source status dashboard running on App Engine". Stashboard is a status dashboard for APIs and software services. It's similar to the Amazon AWS Status Page or the Google Apps Status Page. Stashboard was originally written by Twilio to provide status information on its Voice and SMS APIs. Stashboard is designed to provide a generic status dashboard for any hosted service or API. The code can be downloaded, customized, and run on any Google App Engine account. On the other hand, StatusPage.io is detailed as "Build trust with every incident: Real-time status and incident communication". The #1 status and incident communication tool. Use Statuspage to build trust with every incident.
Stashboard and StatusPage.io can be categorized as "Status Page Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by Stashboard are:
- Track multiple different API or SaaS services
- Set custom status messages and icons such as Up/Down
- Show historical status for each service
On the other hand, StatusPage.io provides the following key features:
- Incidents During Service Disruptions- Active incidents are prominently displayed at the top of your page for your visitors to see right when they arrive, and they can subscribe to further updates via email or SMS.
- Status For Individual Architecture Pieces- Modern systems are made up of many different functional pieces, and listing each piece separately helps you further communicate the status of your infrastructure. Each component can be listed as Operational, Degraded Performance, Partial Outage, or Major Outage.
- Scheduled Maintenance- proactively reach out to customers via Scheduled Maintenance to avoid the email rage while you're busy getting the servers back on their feet.
Stashboard is an open source tool with 1.59K GitHub stars and 299 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Stashboard's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Stashboard?
What is StatusPage.io?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Stashboard?
What are the cons of using StatusPage.io?
What companies use Stashboard?
Our status page is run by statuspage.io.