Streem vs Syncthing: What are the differences?
Streem: Unlimited Cloud Storage For Your Media. Unlike other cloud storage tools, Streem takes up no space on your computer, but still gives you instant access to your files without any lag. All media on Streem is converted on-the-fly so you can access it seamlessly regardless of the device or bandwidth; Syncthing: *Open Source Continuous File Synchronization *. It is a continuous file synchronization program. It synchronizes files between two or more computers and replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the internet.
Streem and Syncthing can be categorized as "File Storage" tools.
Some of the features offered by Streem are:
- Truly unlimited cloud storage for $20/month. We're able to do this with our de-duplication, compression, and estimation algorithms to figure out how much the average user will store and store only unique copies of files. Based on our data and analysis, with de-duplication and compression, $20/month is enough to cover the cost of an average users' data storage.
- No space and no syncing required. We don't require users to keep copies of files on their device (unlike Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud sync tools). We store a single copy in the cloud and stream the file data down on-demand when it's accessed.
- On-the-fly adaptive bitrate video streaming (Apple HLS). Our video streaming technology is able to dynamically fluctuate the quality of the video stream based on the user's available bandwidth. We also transcode videos on-the-fly, so there are no transcoding wait times and users are able to watch videos instantly after upload, on any device, without having to worry about formats, codecs, quality, resolution, or file size.
On the other hand, Syncthing provides the following key features:
- Configure and monitor Syncthing via a responsive and powerful interface accessible via your browser
- Synchronize as many folders as you need with different people