What is Supergiant?
Supergiant is a container management platform built on top of Kubernetes. Supergiant makes it easy to deploy and manage faster, and it reduces hardware expenses. Packing algorithm efficiently matches your overall CPU and RAM needs.
Supergiant is a tool in the Containers as a Service category of a tech stack.
Supergiant is an open source tool with 668 GitHub stars and 60 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Supergiant's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Supergiant?
No company stacks found
Docker, DigitalOcean, Google Kubernetes Engine, Kubernetes, and Ubuntu are some of the popular tools that integrate with Supergiant. Here's a list of all 8 tools that integrate with Supergiant.
Why developers like Supergiant?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Supergiant
- Cost Aware Autoscaling Hardware - Supergiant reads container RAM/CPU requests/limits and manages HA hardware nodes to match automatically. Downsizes for most efficient usage.
- Easy Kubernetes Install - Use Supergiant to deploy Kubernetes on multiple clouds in minutes. Use the Supergiant API to streamline production deployment.
- Built for Stateful Apps - Developed by the team at Qbox.io for big data. Run stateful, distributed apps and databases in a reliable HA environment.
- Lower Hardware Usage - Using Supergiant’s packing algorithm, lower hardware costs and use only the hardware you need with computed efficiency.
- Open Source - Supergiant is open-source under an Apache 2.0 license.
Supergiant Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Supergiant?
See all alternatives
Amazon EC2 Container Service
Amazon EC2 Container Service lets you launch and stop container-enabled applications with simple API calls, allows you to query the state of your cluster from a centralized service, and gives you access to many familiar Amazon EC2 features like security groups, EBS volumes and IAM roles.
Google Kubernetes Engine
Container Engine takes care of provisioning and maintaining the underlying virtual machine cluster, scaling your application, and operational logistics like logging, monitoring, and health management.
AWS Fargate is a technology for Amazon ECS and EKS* that allows you to run containers without having to manage servers or clusters. With AWS Fargate, you no longer have to provision, configure, and scale clusters of virtual machines to run containers.
Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) is a managed service that makes it easy for you to run Kubernetes on AWS without needing to install and operate your own Kubernetes clusters.
Docker Cloud is the best way to deploy and manage Dockerized applications. Docker Cloud makes it easy for new Docker users to manage and deploy the full spectrum of applications, from single container apps to distributed microservices stacks, to any cloud or on-premises infrastructure.