What is Web3j?
It is a lightweight, highly modular, reactive, type safe Java and Android library for working with Smart Contracts and integrating with clients (nodes) on the Ethereum network. This allows you to work with the Ethereum blockchain, without the additional overhead of having to write your own integration code for the platform.
Web3j is a tool in the Java Tools category of a tech stack.
Web3j is an open source tool with 2.7K GitHub stars and 1K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Web3j's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Web3j?
3 companies reportedly use Web3j in their tech stacks, including Evan.Network, Web3 Labs, and Network.
7 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Web3j.
Pros of Web3j
Be the first to leave a pro
- Complete implementation of Ethereum's JSON-RPC client API over HTTP and IPC
- Ethereum wallet support
- Auto-generation of Java smart contract wrappers to create, deploy, transact with and call smart contracts from native Java code (Solidity and Truffle definition formats supported)
- Reactive-functional API for working with filters
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) support
- Support for Parity's Personal, and Geth's Personal client APIs
- Support for Infura, so you don't have to run an Ethereum client yourself
Web3j Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Web3j?
See all alternatives
It is a revolutionary release of the world’s no 1 development platform. It includes a huge upgrade to the Java programming model and a coordinated evolution of the JVM, Java language, and libraries. Java 8 includes features for productivity, ease of use, improved polyglot programming, security and improved performance.
A decentralized platform for applications that run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship or third-party interference.
A library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs by using observable sequences for the Java VM.
The Guava project contains several of Google's core libraries that we rely on in our Java-based projects: collections, caching, primitives support, concurrency libraries, common annotations, string processing, I/O, and so forth.
It is a modern server-side Java template engine for both web and standalone environments. It is aimed at creating elegant web code while adding powerful features and retaining prototyping abilities.