What is Yeoman?
Who uses Yeoman?
Why developers like Yeoman?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Yeoman in their tech stack.
Yeoman is used for code generation and automation of the Promethean TV Broadcast Center Tool. Yeoman
Using Yeoman to generate skeleton projects. No experience with writing custom generators. Yeoman
Quick scaffolding of project stacks I'm not that familiar with. Having a nice build system to start with on a new project is worth a lot. Yeoman
- Lightning-fast scaffolding — Easily scaffold new projects with customizable templates (e.g HTML5 Boilerplate, Bootstrap), RequireJS and more.
- Great build process — Not only do you get minification and concatenation
- I also optimize all your image files, HTML, compile your CoffeeScript and Compass files, if you're using AMD, I will pass those modules through r.js so you don't have to.
- Automatically compile CoffeeScript & Compass — Our LiveReload watch process automatically compiles source files and refreshes your browser whenever a change is made so you don't have to.
- Automatically lint your scripts — All your scripts are automatically run against JSHint to ensure they're following language best-practices.
- Built-in preview server — No more having to fire up your own HTTP Server. My built-in one can be fired with just one command.
- Awesome Image Optimization — I optimize all your images using OptiPNG and JPEGTran so your users can spend less time downloading assets and more time using your app.
- Killer package management — Need a dependency? It's just a keystroke away. I allow you to easily search for new packages via the command-line (e.g. `bower search jquery`), install them and keep them updated without needing to open your browser.
- PhantomJS Unit Testing — Easily run your unit tests in headless WebKit via PhantomJS. When you create a new application, I also include some test scaffolding for your app.