What is Bunyan?
It is a simple and fast JSON logging module for node.js services. It has extensible streams system for controlling where log records go (to a stream, to a file, log file rotation, etc.)
Bunyan is a tool in the Logging Tools category of a tech stack.
Bunyan is an open source tool with 6.3K GitHub stars and 510 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Bunyan's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Bunyan?
9 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Bunyan.
- Elegant log method API
- Extensible streams system for controlling where log records go (to a stream, to a file, log file rotation, etc.)
- bunyan CLI for pretty-printing and filtering of Bunyan logs
- simple include of log call source location (file, line, function) with src: true
- lightweight specialization of Logger instances with log.child
- Custom rendering of logged objects with "serializers"
- Runtime log snooping via DTrace support
- Support for a few runtime environments: Node.js, Browserify, Webpack, NW.js
Bunyan Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Bunyan?
See all alternatives
It is an open source logging framework. With this tool – logging behavior can be controlled by editing a configuration file only without touching the application binary and can be used to store the Selenium Automation flow logs.
Loki is a horizontally-scalable, highly-available, multi-tenant log aggregation system inspired by Prometheus. It is designed to be very cost effective and easy to operate, as it does not index the contents of the logs, but rather a set of labels for each log stream.
Seq is a self-hosted server for structured log search, analysis, and alerting. It can be hosted on Windows or Linux/Docker, and has integrations for most popular structured logging libraries.
CocoaLumberjack is a fast & simple, yet powerful & flexible logging framework for Mac and iOS.
We built uno, a small tool similar to uniq (the UNIX CLI tool that removes duplicates) - but with fuzziness. uno considers two lines to be equal if their edit distance is less than a specified threshold, by default set to 30%. It reads from stdin and prints the deduplicated lines to stdout.