What is Durandal?
Durandal is a cross-device, cross-platform client framework written in JS and designed to make Single Page Applications (SPAs) easy to create and maintain.
Durandal is an open source tool with 1.8K GitHub stars and 390 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Durandal's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Durandal?
4 companies use Durandal in their tech stacks, including Easygenerator, Artist Growth, and EasyPreOrders.
Why developers like Durandal?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Durandal
- Clean MV* Architecture
- JS & HTML Modularity
- Simple App Lifecycle
- Eventing, Modals, Message Boxes, etc.
- Navigation & Screen State Management
- Consistent Async Programming w/ Promises
- App Bundling and Optimization
- Use any Backend Technology
- Built on top of jQuery, Knockout & RequireJS.
- Integrates with popular CSS libraries such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Make your own templatable and data-bindable widgets.
- Fully Testable
Durandal Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Durandal?
See all alternatives
Angular is a development platform for building mobile and desktop web applications.