What is Selendroid?
Selendroid is a test automation framework which drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps) and the mobile web. Tests are written using the Selenium 2 client API
Selendroid is a tool in the Mobile Test Automation category of a tech stack.
Selendroid is an open source tool with 799 GitHub stars and 454 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Selendroid's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Selendroid?
9 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Selendroid.
Why developers like Selendroid?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Selendroid
Be the first to leave a pro
- Full compatibility with the JSON Wire Protocol/Selenium 3 Ready.
- No modification of app under test required in order to automate it
- Testing the mobile web using built in Android driver webview app
- Same concept for automating native or hybrid apps
- UI elements can be found by different locator types
- Gestures are supported: Advanced User Interactions API
- Selendroid can interact with multiple Android devices (emulators or hardware devices) at the same time
- Existing Emulators are started automatically
- Selendroid supports hot plugging of hardware devices
- Full integration as a node into Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing
- Multiple Android target API support (10 to 19)
- Built in Inspector to simplify test case development.
- Selendroid can be extended at runtime with your own extensions
Selendroid Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Selendroid?
See all alternatives
Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid, and mobile web apps. It drives iOS and Android apps using the WebDriver protocol. Appium is sponsored by Sauce Labs and a thriving community of open source developers.
It is an Android test automation framework that has full support for native and hybrid applications. It makes it easy to write powerful and robust automatic black-box UI tests for Android applications.
Testdroid provides a set of products for Android and iOS app/game testing on real devices. With different testing solutions, you can efficiently develop and test your mobile apps/games in agile way and achieve your business goals.
Xamarin Test Cloud
Run your app on our huge (and growing) collection of real devices from around the world. Select devices based on form factor, manufacturer, operating system, or even popularity in your target market. We’re adding over 100 devices every month, and if there’s a specific device you need, we’re taking requests.
Gauge is created by ThoughtWorks. Gauge let you write tests in plain-speak and refactor fearlessly. Gauge’s pluggable architecture allows you to customize your environment so you can write tests in the language and IDE of your choice.