What is Zepto?
While 100% jQuery coverage is not a design goal, the APIs provided match their jQuery counterparts. The goal is to have a ~5-10k modular library that downloads and executes fast, with a familiar and versatile API, so you can concentrate on getting stuff done.
Zepto is an open source tool with 14.5K GitHub stars and 4.1K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Zepto's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Zepto?
246 companies reportedly use Zepto in their tech stacks, including Quora, Feedly, and Cyta.
32 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Zepto.
Why developers like Zepto?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Zepto
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Zepto in their tech stack.
- zepto - Core module
- contains most methods
- event - Event handling via on() & off()
- ajax - XMLHttpRequest and JSONP functionality
- form - Serialize & submit web forms
- ie - Add support for Internet Explorer 10+ on desktop and Windows Phone 8.
- detect - Provides $.os and $.browser information
- fx - The animate() method
- fx_methods - Animated show, hide, toggle, and fade*() methods.
- assets - Experimental support for cleaning up iOS memory after removing image elements from the DOM.
- data - A full-blown data() method, capable of storing arbitrary objects in memory.
- deferred - Provides $.Deferred promises API. Depends on the "callbacks" module.
- When included, $.ajax() supports a promise interface for chaining callbacks.
- callbacks - Provides $.Callbacks for use in "deferred" module.
- selector - Experimental jQuery CSS extensions support for functionality such as $('div:first') and el.is(':visible').
- touch - Fires tap and swipe–related events on touch devices. This works with both `touch` (iOS, Android) and `pointer` events (Windows Phone).
- gesture - Fires pinch gesture events on touch devices
- stack - Provides andSelf & end() chaining methods
- ios3 - String.prototype.trim and Array.prototype.reduce methods (if they are missing) for compatibility with iOS 3.x.
Zepto Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Zepto?
See all alternatives
jQuery Mobile is a HTML5-based user interface system designed to make responsive web sites and apps that are accessible on all smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.
Whether you're building highly interactive web applications or you just need to add a date picker to a form control, jQuery UI is the perfect choice.
Lots of people use React as the V in MVC. Since React makes no assumptions about the rest of your technology stack, it's easy to try it out on a small feature in an existing project.