What is Cloudflare Workers?
Cloudflare Workers is a tool in the Serverless / Task Processing category of a tech stack.
Who uses Cloudflare Workers?
43 companies reportedly use Cloudflare Workers in their tech stacks, including GitBook, StreamElements, and Postmates.
52 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Cloudflare Workers.
Cloudflare Workers's Features
- Load balance between multiple origins to improve speed or reliability
- Render HTML templates while fetching dynamic content from your origin
- Dynamically respond to requests without needing to connect to an origin server at all
- Generate parallel requests to different services and combine the responses
- Create custom security rules and filters to block unwanted visitors and bots
- Perform data sanitization and validation before sending a request to your origin
- Use custom logic to decide which requests are cacheable and improve cache hit rate
- Deploy fast fixes to your site in seconds without having to update your origin server
Cloudflare Workers Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Cloudflare Workers?
See all alternatives
Fastly's real-time content delivery network gives you total control over your content, unprecedented access to performance analytics, and the ability to instantly update content in 150 milliseconds.
AWS Lambda is a compute service that runs your code in response to events and automatically manages the underlying compute resources for you. You can use AWS Lambda to extend other AWS services with custom logic, or create your own back-end services that operate at AWS scale, performance, and security.
Netlify is smart enough to process your site and make sure all assets gets optimized and served with perfect caching-headers from a cookie-less domain. We make sure your HTML is served straight from our CDN edge nodes without any round-trip to our backend servers and are the only ones to give you instant cache invalidation when you push a new deploy. Netlify is also the only static hosting service with integrated continuous deployment.
Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in virtually any Azure or 3rd party service as well as on-premises systems.
Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.