What is Linaria?
Write CSS in JS and get real CSS files during build. Use dynamic prop based styles with the React bindings and have them transpiled to CSS variables automatically. Great productivity with source maps and linting support.
Linaria is an open source tool with 7.2K GitHub stars and 260 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Linaria's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Linaria?
- Write CSS in JS, but with zero runtime, CSS is extracted to CSS files during build
- Familiar CSS syntax with Sass like nesting
- Use dynamic prop based styles with the React bindings, uses CSS variables behind the scenes
- Easily find where the style was defined with CSS sourcemaps
- Lint your CSS in JS with stylelint
- Optionally use any CSS preprocessor such as Sass or PostCSS
Linaria Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Linaria?
See all alternatives
Emotion is a performant and flexible CSS-in-JS library. Building on many other CSS-in-JS libraries, it allows you to style apps quickly with string or object styles. It has predictable composition to avoid specificity issues with CSS. With source maps and labels, Emotion has a great developer experience and great performance with heavy caching in production.
Visual primitives for the component age. Use the best bits of ES6 and CSS to style your apps without stress 💅