What is Marko?
Marko is an open source tool with 10.1K GitHub stars and 604 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Marko's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Marko?
4 companies reportedly use Marko in their tech stacks, including ebay, Sites, and Kenlo.
14 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Marko.
- Extremely fast
- Streaming and async rendering
- Progressive HTML rendering
- Custom tags
- Compiles to readable CommonJS modules
- Server-side and client-side rendering
- Use Marko with any web framework, including: Express, Koa, Hapi
- Syntax highlighting in popular editors and IDEs
Marko Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Marko?
See all alternatives
Lots of people use React as the V in MVC. Since React makes no assumptions about the rest of your technology stack, it's easy to try it out on a small feature in an existing project.
Handlebars.js is an extension to the Mustache templating language created by Chris Wanstrath. Handlebars.js and Mustache are both logicless templating languages that keep the view and the code separated like we all know they should be.