What is Pure?
Pure is meant to be a starting point for every website or web app. We take care of all the CSS work that every site needs, without making it look cookie-cutter.
Pure is a tool in the Front-End Frameworks category of a tech stack.
Pure is an open source tool with GitHub stars and GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Pure's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Pure?
8 companies reportedly use Pure in their tech stacks, including SkyQuest Tech Stack, Hacktoolkit, and Wizters.
28 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Pure.
Pros of Pure
It just works
- A responsive grid that can be customized to your needs
- A solid base built on Normalize.css to fix cross-browser compatibility issues
- Consistently styled buttons that work with <a> and <button> elements
- Styles for vertical and horizontal menus, including support for dropdown menus
- Useful form alignments that look great on all screen sizes
- Various common table styles
- An extremely minimalist look that is super-easy to customize
- Responsive by default, with a non-responsive option
- Easy one-click customization with the Skin Builder
- Extremely small file size: 4.5KB minified + gzip
Pure Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Pure?
See all alternatives
Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
Material Design for Angular
Material Design is a specification for a unified system of visual, motion, and interaction design that adapts across different devices. Our goal is to deliver a lean, lightweight set of AngularJS-native UI elements that implement the material design system for use in Angular SPAs.
It is a bunch of cool, fun, and cross-browser animations for you to use in your projects. Great for emphasis, home pages, sliders, and general just-add-water-awesomeness.
Material UI is a library of React UI components that implements Google's Material Design.
Tailwind is different from frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, or Bulma in that it's not a UI kit. It doesn't have a default theme, and there are no build-in UI components. It comes with a menu of predesigned widgets to build your site with, but doesn't impose design decisions that are difficult to undo.