What is Pure?
Pure is meant to be a starting point for every website or web app. We take care of all the CSS work that every site needs, without making it look cookie-cutter.
Pure is a tool in the Front-End Frameworks category of a tech stack.
Pure is an open source tool with 20.4K GitHub stars and 2.1K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Pure's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Pure?
7 companies reportedly use Pure in their tech stacks, including Hacktoolkit, Wizters, and PodcastParty.
21 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Pure.
Why developers like Pure?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Pure
- A responsive grid that can be customized to your needs
- A solid base built on Normalize.css to fix cross-browser compatibility issues
- Consistently styled buttons that work with <a> and <button> elements
- Styles for vertical and horizontal menus, including support for dropdown menus
- Useful form alignments that look great on all screen sizes
- Various common table styles
- An extremely minimalist look that is super-easy to customize
- Responsive by default, with a non-responsive option
- Easy one-click customization with the Skin Builder
- Extremely small file size: 4.5KB minified + gzip
Pure Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Pure?
See all alternatives
Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
It is a bunch of cool, fun, and cross-browser animations for you to use in your projects. Great for emphasis, home pages, sliders, and general just-add-water-awesomeness.
Material Design for Angular
Material Design is a specification for a unified system of visual, motion, and interaction design that adapts across different devices. Our goal is to deliver a lean, lightweight set of AngularJS-native UI elements that implement the material design system for use in Angular SPAs.
Foundation is the most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world. You can quickly prototype and build sites or apps that work on any kind of device with Foundation, which includes layout constructs (like a fully responsive grid), elements and best practices.
UIkit gives you a comprehensive collection of HTML, CSS, and JS components which is simple to use, easy to customize and extendable.