Pure vs UIkIt: What are the differences?
Developers describe Pure as "A set of small, responsive CSS modules that you can use in every web project". Pure is meant to be a starting point for every website or web app. We take care of all the CSS work that every site needs, without making it look cookie-cutter. On the other hand, UIkIt is detailed as "A lightweight and modular front-end framework for developing fast and powerful web interfaces". UIkit gives you a comprehensive collection of HTML, CSS, and JS components which is simple to use, easy to customize and extendable.
Pure and UIkIt belong to "Front-End Frameworks" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Pure are:
- A responsive grid that can be customized to your needs
- A solid base built on Normalize.css to fix cross-browser compatibility issues
- Consistently styled buttons that work with and
On the other hand, UIkIt provides the following key features:
- LESS - UIkit is developed in LESS to write well-structured, extendable code which is easy to maintain.
- Components - A collection of small, responsive components using consistent and conflict-free naming conventions.
- Customizer - UIkit's very basic style can be extended with themes and is easy to customize to create your own look.
"Lightweight" is the top reason why over 12 developers like Pure, while over 25 developers mention "Complete GUI" as the leading cause for choosing UIkIt.
Pure and UIkIt are both open source tools. It seems that Pure with 20.1K GitHub stars and 2.07K forks on GitHub has more adoption than UIkIt with 14.7K GitHub stars and 2.11K GitHub forks.
What is Pure?
What is UIkIt?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Pure?
What are the cons of using UIkIt?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Pure?
What tools integrate with UIkIt?
Provides common user interface like dialogs, menus, etc. Is modular and hight customisable. A part from the grid system, is not used directly, but has as layer of abstraction build with web components, and typescript as far as possible with the time and working constraints, to be reused in other projects.