Pushpin is a reverse proxy server that makes it easy to build realtime web services. The project is unique among realtime push solutions in that it is designed to address the needs of API creators.
- Supports HTTP streaming, HTTP long-polling, and WebSockets.
- Clients communicate using your API contract. Pushpin is a server-side implementation detail.
- Since Pushpin is a proxy server, the backend can be written in any language.
- Compatible with API management systems, such as Kong and 3scale.
- Horizontally scalable. Instances don't talk to each other.
- Open source. Commercial support available from Fanout.
tools that are known for: