What is PubNub?
PubNub makes it easy for you to add real-time capabilities to your apps, without worrying about the infrastructure. Build apps that allow your users to engage in real-time across mobile, browser, desktop and server.
PubNub is a tool in the Realtime Backend / API category of a tech stack.
Who uses PubNub?
59 companies reportedly use PubNub in their tech stacks, including Hinge, Armut, and Bunch.
116 developers on StackShare have stated that they use PubNub.
Contentful, MongoDB Stitch, Fabric by Twitter, ChatEngine, and Tisane API are some of the popular tools that integrate with PubNub. Here's a list of all 5 tools that integrate with PubNub.
Pros of PubNub
Massively scalable & easy to use
Flexible to integrate to custom applications
Sockets at Scale
99.999% availability guarantees
Easy to setup
Easy integration with iOS apps
Easy setup and very reliable
High cost, going up more in Summer '15
Angular 2+ integration
Documentation, easy to use, great people/service
CTO stephen also is A++++++
Real time and easy to use.
Decisions about PubNub
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose PubNub in their tech stack.
I am trying to replace Socket.IO with PubNub. Provide the way to do it.
andGoogle Cloud Pub/Sub
Which messaging service (Pusher vs. PubNub vs. Google Cloud Pub/Sub) to use for IoT?
andFirebase Cloud Messaging
What do you use guys, for real-time communication? FCM or something like PubNub?
Sep 6 2019 at 8:42PM
Aug 13 2019 at 8:06PM
- Data Push - Establish and maintain persistent socket connections to any device (mobile, browser, desktop and server) and push data to global audiences in less than ¼ of a second
- Presence - Automatically detect when users enter or leave your app and whether machines are online
- Storage and Playback- Store your real-time data streams for future access, “playback” or re-publish
- Mobile - Easily manage the complexity of real-time apps on mobile devices
- Analytics - Simulate an audience of millions. See a live view of audience size, engagement and geography
- Security - Protect your real-time data with easy to use enterprise-grade security
PubNub Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to PubNub?
See all alternatives
Pusher is the category leader in delightful APIs for app developers building communication and collaboration features.
It enables real-time bidirectional event-based communication. It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed.
Stream allows you to build scalable feeds, activity streams, and chat. Stream’s simple, yet powerful API’s and SDKs are used by some of the largest and most popular applications for feeds and chat. SDKs available for most popular languages.
Kafka is a distributed, partitioned, replicated commit log service. It provides the functionality of a messaging system, but with a unique design.