11ty vs Metalsmith: What are the differences?
11ty and Metalsmith can be primarily classified as "Static Site Generators" tools.
Some of the features offered by 11ty are:
- uses independent template engines
- works with your project’s existing directory structure
- works with multiple template languages
On the other hand, Metalsmith provides the following key features:
- Read template files from a directory
- Parse files for template placeholders
- Prompt user to fill in each placeholder
Metalsmith is an open source tool with 7.27K GitHub stars and 640 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Metalsmith's open source repository on GitHub.