11ty vs Pelican: What are the differences?
What is Pelican? A static site generator, written in Python, that requires no database or server-side logic. Pelican is a static site generator that supports Markdown and reST syntax. Write your weblog entries directly with your editor of choice (vim!) in reStructuredText or Markdown.
11ty and Pelican belong to "Static Site Generators" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by 11ty are:
- uses independent template engines
- works with your project’s existing directory structure
- works with multiple template languages
On the other hand, Pelican provides the following key features:
- Blog articles and pages
- Comments, via an external service (Disqus). (Please note that while useful, Disqus is an external service, and thus the comment data will be somewhat outside of your control and potentially subject to data loss.)
- Theming support (themes are created using Jinja2 templates)
Pelican is an open source tool with 8.89K GitHub stars and 1.58K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Pelican's open source repository on GitHub.