Sequel Pro vs Android Room: What are the differences?
Sequel Pro: MySQL database management for Mac OS X. Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases; Android Room: *Save data in a local database *. It provides an abstraction layer over SQLite to allow fluent database access while harnessing the full power of SQLite. Apps that handle non-trivial amounts of structured data can benefit greatly from persisting that data locally. The most common use case is to cache relevant pieces of data.
Sequel Pro and Android Room can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Sequel Pro are:
- Quickly filter and paginate table content
- Fast, threaded UI
- Document based connections — Save your connection and share it
On the other hand, Android Room provides the following key features:
- Provides an abstraction layer over SQLite
- Allows fluent database access while harnessing the full power of SQLite
- Cache relevant pieces of data
Sequel Pro is an open source tool with 6.83K GitHub stars and 607 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Sequel Pro's open source repository on GitHub.