Why people like
Developers store database changes in text-based files on their local development machines and apply them to their local databases. Changelog files can be be arbitrarily nested for better management.
- Supports code branching and merging
- Supports multiple developers
- Supports multiple database types
- Supports XML, YAML, JSON and SQL formats
- Supports context-dependent logic
- Cluster-safe database upgrades
- Generate Database change documentation
- Generate Database "diff's"
- Run through your build process, embedded in your application or on demand
- Automatically generate SQL scripts for DBA code review
- Does not require a live database connection
tools that are known for: