Apache Cordova vs Flutter: What are the differences?
Apache Cordova and Flutter can be primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apache Cordova are:
- Cross-platform (CLI) workflow
- Platform-centered workflow
- Hundreds of plugins
On the other hand, Flutter provides the following key features:
- Fast development - Flutter's "hot reload" helps you quickly and easily experiment, build UIs, add features, and fix bug faster. Experience sub-second reload times, without losing state, on emulators, simulators, and hardware for iOS and Android.
- Expressive UIs - Delight your users with Flutter's built-in beautiful Material Design and Cupertino (iOS-flavor) widgets, rich motion APIs, smooth natural scrolling, and platform awareness.
- Access native features and SDKs - Make your app come to life with platform APIs, 3rd party SDKs, and native code. Flutter lets you reuse your existing Java, Swift, and ObjC code, and access native features and SDKs on iOS and Android.
"Lots of plugins" is the top reason why over 31 developers like Apache Cordova, while over 13 developers mention "Hot Reload" as the leading cause for choosing Flutter.
Apache Cordova and Flutter are both open source tools. Flutter with 69.4K GitHub stars and 8.09K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Apache Cordova with 766 GitHub stars and 327 GitHub forks.
Policygenius, pludoni GmbH, and Hybrid Heroes are some of the popular companies that use Flutter, whereas Apache Cordova is used by Die Coder GmbH, BetRocket, and Dial Once. Flutter has a broader approval, being mentioned in 41 company stacks & 146 developers stacks; compared to Apache Cordova, which is listed in 96 company stacks and 45 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Apache Cordova?
What is Flutter?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions