What is Xamarin?
Who uses Xamarin?
Why developers like Xamarin?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Xamarin in their tech stack.
Build & ship OS X & iOS apps from Visual Studio on Windows. Requires paid team license. Xamarin
Self taught : acquired knowledge or skill on one's own initiative. Platform: OSX 10.8 or later. Mac computer user. Xamarin
Xamarin enables us to develop for 3 platforms (iOS, Android and Windows Phone) with one core codebase coded in C#. Xamarin has allowed us to release an app on all three platforms and develop them simultaneously - not bad for a team of 2! Xamarin
- Cross-platform development- Thinking about supporting iOS, Android, Mac and Windows? Xamarin allows you to write it all in C#.
- Reuse existing code- Use your favorite .NET libraries in Xamarin apps. Easily use third-party native libraries and frameworks.
- Discover as you type- Explore APIs as you type with code autocompletion.
- Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio- Create, build, debug, and deploy apps in Visual Studio. Or use Xamarin Studio, a fully-featured IDE that is built for mobile app development.
- Native UI, Native Performance- Xamarin delivers high performance compiled code with full access to all the native APIs so you can create native apps with device-specific experiences.
- Point and Click UI Design- Xamarin provides a world class Android UI designer. Use Apple Xcode UI designer to create interfaces and Storyboards that automatically sync with your Xamarin.iOS project.