Apache Cordova vs Sencha Touch: What are the differences?
Apache Cordova and Sencha Touch can be primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apache Cordova are:
- Cross-platform (CLI) workflow
- Platform-centered workflow
- Hundreds of plugins
On the other hand, Sencha Touch provides the following key features:
- Built on HTML5 Technology- Sencha Touch 2, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform.
- Smoother Scrolling and Animations- Sencha Touch 2 provides a user experience unparalleled in HTML5. Fluid Adaptive Layouts- Sencha Touch’s novel layout engine leverages HTML5 in powerful ways to let developers build complex applications that respond, load, and layout in a snap.
- Navigation View- The new Navigation View component makes it easy to make applications that feature beautiful animated transitions between screens as well as providing automatic back button management.
"Lots of plugins" is the primary reason why developers consider Apache Cordova over the competitors, whereas "Structured code" was stated as the key factor in picking Sencha Touch.
Apache Cordova is an open source tool with 766 GitHub stars and 327 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Apache Cordova's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Apache Cordova?
What is Sencha Touch?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Apache Cordova?
What are the cons of using Sencha Touch?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
used in conjunction with ionic to build out ios and android app for a client. a little slow to run on devices but saves a ton on development time.
Used with Ionic to support various plugins and integrations with the native environment of iOS and Android.