Apache Cordova vs Xamarin: What are the differences?
Apache Cordova and Xamarin can be primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apache Cordova are:
- Cross-platform (CLI) workflow
- Platform-centered workflow
- Hundreds of plugins
On the other hand, Xamarin provides the following key features:
- Cross-platform development- Thinking about supporting iOS, Android, Mac and Windows? Xamarin allows you to write it all in C#.
- Reuse existing code- Use your favorite .NET libraries in Xamarin apps. Easily use third-party native libraries and frameworks.
- Discover as you type- Explore APIs as you type with code autocompletion.
"Lots of plugins" is the primary reason why developers consider Apache Cordova over the competitors, whereas "Power of c# on mobile devices" was stated as the key factor in picking Xamarin.
Apache Cordova is an open source tool with 762 GitHub stars and 327 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Apache Cordova's open source repository on GitHub.
Die Coder GmbH, BetRocket, and Dial Once are some of the popular companies that use Apache Cordova, whereas Xamarin is used by Rdio, Olo, and Rumble. Apache Cordova has a broader approval, being mentioned in 96 company stacks & 45 developers stacks; compared to Xamarin, which is listed in 74 company stacks and 65 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Apache Cordova?
What is Xamarin?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions