Authy vs Cloudflare Spectrum: What are the differences?
What is Authy? The easiest way to add Two-Factor Authentication to any website or app. We make the best rated Two-Factor Authentication smartphone app for consumers, a Rest API for developers and a strong authentication platform for the enterprise.
What is Cloudflare Spectrum? DDoS protection for TCP services. Extend the power of Cloudflare's DDoS, TLS, and IP Firewall to not just your web servers, but also your other TCP-based services, keeping them online and secure. Reduce the ability for attackers to snoop and steal sensitive data. Protect your origin and all TCP services you expose to the Internet.
Authy and Cloudflare Spectrum can be primarily classified as "Security" tools.
Some of the features offered by Authy are:
- Very secure- We take security seriously. We use industry standard secure algorithms (HMAC RFC 4426) and 256 bits keys which are always encrypted at rest.
- Fully redundant- The Authy API is deployed accross different PCI level 1 data-centers and it's fully redundant. We also use a DNS provider with anycast support. We've had 100% availability since 2011.
- Great user experience- You connect to Authy using a transparent REST API which allows you to customize the experience you want for your users.
On the other hand, Cloudflare Spectrum provides the following key features:
- DDoS Protection for TCP Services - ensures all your TCP services are protected against Layer 3 and 4 DDoS attacks, remaining online and performant
- Secure TCP traffic with TLS - encrypts services running on TCP to prevent unencrypted data, such as user credentials, from falling into the wrong hands
- IP Address & Range Blocking - integrates with Cloudflare’s IP Firewall, allowing you to block or challenge IP addresses or entire IP ranges from reaching your TCP services