Authy vs SSLMate: What are the differences?
Authy: The easiest way to add Two-Factor Authentication to any website or app. We make the best rated Two-Factor Authentication smartphone app for consumers, a Rest API for developers and a strong authentication platform for the enterprise; SSLMate: Buy SSL Certificates from the Command Line. Automate your renewals. SSLMate is the easiest way for developers and sysadmins to buy SSL certificates.
Authy and SSLMate can be categorized as "Security" tools.
Some of the features offered by Authy are:
- Very secure- We take security seriously. We use industry standard secure algorithms (HMAC RFC 4426) and 256 bits keys which are always encrypted at rest.
- Fully redundant- The Authy API is deployed accross different PCI level 1 data-centers and it's fully redundant. We also use a DNS provider with anycast support. We've had 100% availability since 2011.
- Great user experience- You connect to Authy using a transparent REST API which allows you to customize the experience you want for your users.
On the other hand, SSLMate provides the following key features:
- No complicated openssl commands.
- Certs delivered straight to your server.
- Automatic renewals with cron.