Liquibase vs dbForge Compare Bundle for SQL Server: What are the differences?
What is Liquibase? Source control for your database. Liquibase is a leading open-source tool for database schema change management. Liquibase helps teams track, version, and deploy database schema and logic changes so they can automate their database code process with their app code process.
What is dbForge Compare Bundle for SQL Server? SQL Comparison Bundle to handle SQL data and schema diffs. Grab the full power to handle changes in your databases with this tool. It will save you hours of work comparing and deploying SQL Server databases. This SQL bundle contains two separate tools, dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server and dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server, and offers a significant discount if compared with purchasing each SQL compare tool separately.
Liquibase and dbForge Compare Bundle for SQL Server can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Liquibase are:
- Supports code branching and merging
- Supports multiple developers
- Supports multiple database types
On the other hand, dbForge Compare Bundle for SQL Server provides the following key features:
- Comparison Result Management - filter, group, sort comparison results, view DDL differences, generate a comparison report
- Smart Sync - accurate synchronization, schema differences migration, sync issues resolving
- Extensive Support for Schema Objects - comparing and synchronizing schema objects
Liquibase is an open source tool with 1.94K GitHub stars and 1.16K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Liquibase's open source repository on GitHub.