Flyway vs dbForge SQL Complete: What are the differences?
Flyway: Version control for your database. It lets you regain control of your database migrations with pleasure and plain sql. Solves only one problem and solves it well. It migrates your database, so you don't have to worry about it anymore; dbForge SQL Complete: The SQL code autocompletion and formatting tool for SQL Server Management Studio. It is an IntelliSense add-in for SQL Server Management Studio, designed to provide the fastest T-SQL query typing ever possible.
Flyway and dbForge SQL Complete can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Flyway are:
- Supported databases: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Azure, DB2, DB2 z/OS, MySQL, MariaDB, Google Cloud SQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Vertica, H2, Hsql, Derby, SQLite
- Supported build tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant and SBT
- Works on: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Java and Android
On the other hand, dbForge SQL Complete provides the following key features:
- SQL Code Completion — the add-in will take care of autocompleting your SQL queries, so that you can stay focussed on how your code actually works
- T-SQL Refactoring — allows you to improve code readability by giving meaningful and self-explaining names to tables, columns, temporary tables and columns, views, stored procedures, and functions. SQL Complete will automatically correct all references to the renamed objects
- Code Beautifying — еase of navigation, instant access to the database objects definition, and other advanced options greatly facilitate SQL statements designing and formatting
Flyway is an open source tool with 4.77K GitHub stars and 994 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Flyway's open source repository on GitHub.