Gitential vs Xltrail: What are the differences?
Developers describe Gitential as "Analytics for Git Repositories". Gitential is a developer productivity tool that analyzes your source code repositories to help you identify possible issues with your software development. On the other hand, Xltrail is detailed as "An open-source Git command line extension for Excel workbook files". Git version control for Excel. Xtrail integrats with Git to visualize changes in Excel workbooks.
Gitential and Xltrail can be categorized as "Git" tools.
Some of the features offered by Gitential are:
- Import repositories from Github, SSH
- Measure & analyze your team's coding hours, coding volume, and utliziation
- Monitors your teams' health and notifies you if you need to take action
On the other hand, Xltrail provides the following key features:
- Integrates with Git
- See who changed what and when
- Supports xls, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xla, etc.
Xltrail is an open source tool with 200 GitHub stars and 18 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Xltrail's open source repository on GitHub.