MLflow vs ML Kit: What are the differences?
MLflow: An open source machine learning platform. MLflow is an open source platform for managing the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle; ML Kit: Machine learning for mobile developers (by Google). ML Kit brings Google’s machine learning expertise to mobile developers in a powerful and easy-to-use package.
MLflow and ML Kit can be categorized as "Machine Learning" tools.
Some of the features offered by MLflow are:
- Track experiments to record and compare parameters and results
- Package ML code in a reusable, reproducible form in order to share with other data scientists or transfer to production
- Manage and deploy models from a variety of ML libraries to a variety of model serving and inference platforms
On the other hand, ML Kit provides the following key features:
- Image labeling - Identify objects, locations, activities, animal species, products, and more
- Text recognition (OCR) - Recognize and extract text from images
- Face detection - Detect faces and facial landmarks
MLflow is an open source tool with 23 GitHub stars and 13 GitHub forks. Here's a link to MLflow's open source repository on GitHub.