ML Kit vs ScalaNLP: What are the differences?
Developers describe ML Kit as "Machine learning for mobile developers (by Google)". ML Kit brings Google’s machine learning expertise to mobile developers in a powerful and easy-to-use package. On the other hand, ScalaNLP is detailed as "A suite of machine learning and numerical computing libraries". ScalaNLP is a suite of machine learning and numerical computing libraries.
ML Kit and ScalaNLP can be categorized as "Machine Learning" tools.
Some of the features offered by ML Kit are:
- Image labeling - Identify objects, locations, activities, animal species, products, and more
- Text recognition (OCR) - Recognize and extract text from images
- Face detection - Detect faces and facial landmarks
On the other hand, ScalaNLP provides the following key features:
- ScalaNLP is the umbrella project for several libraries:
- Breeze is a set of libraries for machine learning and numerical computing
- Epic is a high-performance statistical parser and structured prediction library
ScalaNLP is an open source tool with 2.91K GitHub stars and 674 GitHub forks. Here's a link to ScalaNLP's open source repository on GitHub.