Sequel Pro vs Pg_timetable: What are the differences?
Sequel Pro: MySQL database management for Mac OS X. Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases; Pg_timetable: PostgreSQL Job Scheduling. It is an advanced job scheduler for PostgreSQL, offering many advantages over traditional schedulers such as cron and others. It is completely database driven and provides a couple of advanced concepts.
Sequel Pro and Pg_timetable can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Sequel Pro are:
- Quickly filter and paginate table content
- Fast, threaded UI
- Document based connections — Save your connection and share it
On the other hand, Pg_timetable provides the following key features:
- Tasks can be arranged in chains
- A chain can consist of SQL and executables
- Parameters can be passed to chains
Sequel Pro is an open source tool with 7.4K GitHub stars and 673 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Sequel Pro's open source repository on GitHub.