pgcli vs Sequel Pro: What are the differences?
Developers describe pgcli as "Postgres CLI with autocompletion and syntax highlighting". This is a postgres client that does auto-completion and syntax highlighting. On the other hand, Sequel Pro is detailed as "MySQL database management for Mac OS X". Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.
pgcli and Sequel Pro can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by pgcli are:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
On the other hand, Sequel Pro provides the following key features:
- Quickly filter and paginate table content
- Fast, threaded UI
- Document based connections — Save your connection and share it
pgcli and Sequel Pro are both open source tools. It seems that pgcli with 8.01K GitHub stars and 365 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Sequel Pro with 6.73K GitHub stars and 591 GitHub forks.