What is appear.in?
Who uses appear.in?
Why developers like appear.in?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose appear.in in their tech stack.
As a new company we could early adopt and bet on #RemoteTeam setup without cultural baggage derailing us. Our building blocks for developing remote working culture are:
- Hiring people who are self sufficient, self-disciplined and excel at video and written communication to work remotely
- Set up periodic ceremonies ( #DailyStandup, #Grooming, Release calls and chats etc) to keep the company rhythm / heartbeat going across remote cells
- Regularly train your leaders to take into account remote working aspects of organizing f2f calls, events, meetups, parties etc. when communicating and organizing workflows
- And last, but not least - select the right tools to support effective communication and collaboration:
- All feeds and conversations come together in Slack
- #Agile workflows in Jira
- InProductCommunication and #CustomerSupportChat in Intercom
- #Notes, #Documentation and #Requirements in Confluence
- #SourceCode and ContinuousDelivery in Bitbucket
- Persistent video streams between locations, demos, meetings run on appear.in
- #Logging and Alerts in Papertrail
As a fully remote team we needed a reliable tool for video calls. We tried appear.in for some time as it was nice to use a tool that uses web technologies and doesn't require a dedicated client. But eventually, as we needed a reliable tool, we decided to go all in with Zoom. 💯
- iPhone App
- Create an appear.in room and send the link to the room on e-mail, chat, SMS etc
- No installation required