What is VMware Horizon Suite?
Stimulate workforce productivity by delivering a consistent, intuitive, and collaborative computing experience across all devices—anytime, anywhere. Manage, secure and back up end-user assets and applications from one place. Protect against compliance risk with policy-driven access. Streamline and simplify operations by turning disparate operating systems, applications, and data into centralized services delivered on any device.
VMware Horizon Suite is a tool in the Virtual Desktop category of a tech stack.
Who uses VMware Horizon Suite?
17 developers on StackShare have stated that they use VMware Horizon Suite.
Why developers like VMware Horizon Suite?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use VMware Horizon Suite
VMware Horizon Suite's Features
- Provide a single aggregated workspace for end users – Employees gain a secure workspace with private, direct access to their desktop, applications and data, on any device.
- Eliminate incentives for rogue technologies – Replace outdated technologies with easy file sharing and robust mobile access to applications—dissolving user motivations to introduce non-secure outlier technologies.
- Deliver agile and elastic infrastructure – Applications, data and desktops are untethered from hardware silos to provide a responsive and scalable environment.
- Universally apply access and security policies – Preclude security breaches and compliance faults by setting up access and governance policies that manage entitlement and utilization of end-user computing services.
- Support BYOD initiatives – Enable access by end-user identity rather than by specific device. Employees can use the PC, tablet or smartphone they prefer, and they can use the same mobile device for their work and personal life, with full privacy protection.
VMware Horizon Suite Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to VMware Horizon Suite?
With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions. End-users can access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android tablets.