Okta vs VMware Horizon Suite: What are the differences?
Okta: Enterprise-grade identity management for all your apps, users & devices. Connect all your apps in days, not months, with instant access to thousands of pre-built integrations - even add apps to the network yourself. Integrations are easy to set up, constantly monitored, proactively repaired and handle authentication and provisioning; VMware Horizon Suite: Connect end users to their data and applications on any device without sacrificing IT security and control. Stimulate workforce productivity by delivering a consistent, intuitive, and collaborative computing experience across all devices—anytime, anywhere. Manage, secure and back up end-user assets and applications from one place. Protect against compliance risk with policy-driven access. Streamline and simplify operations by turning disparate operating systems, applications, and data into centralized services delivered on any device.
Okta and VMware Horizon Suite are primarily classified as "Password Management" and "Virtual Desktop" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Okta are:
- Community Supported Network
- Comprehensive App Integrations
- Proactive Network Support
On the other hand, VMware Horizon Suite provides the following key features:
- Provide a single aggregated workspace for end users – Employees gain a secure workspace with private, direct access to their desktop, applications and data, on any device.
- Eliminate incentives for rogue technologies – Replace outdated technologies with easy file sharing and robust mobile access to applications—dissolving user motivations to introduce non-secure outlier technologies.
- Deliver agile and elastic infrastructure – Applications, data and desktops are untethered from hardware silos to provide a responsive and scalable environment.