Microsoft Teams vs VMware Horizon Suite: What are the differences?
Microsoft Teams: Chat-based workspace in Office 365. See content and chat history anytime, including team chats with Skype that are visible to the whole team. Private group chats are available for smaller group conversations; VMware Horizon Suite: Connect end users to their data and applications on any device without sacrificing IT security and control. Stimulate workforce productivity by delivering a consistent, intuitive, and collaborative computing experience across all devices—anytime, anywhere. Manage, secure and back up end-user assets and applications from one place. Protect against compliance risk with policy-driven access. Streamline and simplify operations by turning disparate operating systems, applications, and data into centralized services delivered on any device.
Microsoft Teams and VMware Horizon Suite are primarily classified as "Group Chat & Notifications" and "Virtual Desktop" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Microsoft Teams are:
- All your content, tools, people, and conversations are available in the team workspace
- Enjoy built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote, and Skype for Business
- Work on documents right in the app
On the other hand, VMware Horizon Suite provides the following key features:
- Provide a single aggregated workspace for end users – Employees gain a secure workspace with private, direct access to their desktop, applications and data, on any device.
- Eliminate incentives for rogue technologies – Replace outdated technologies with easy file sharing and robust mobile access to applications—dissolving user motivations to introduce non-secure outlier technologies.
- Deliver agile and elastic infrastructure – Applications, data and desktops are untethered from hardware silos to provide a responsive and scalable environment.
What is Microsoft Teams?
What is VMware Horizon Suite?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using VMware Horizon Suite?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more consMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with VMware Horizon Suite?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We use Microsoft Teams as our primary workplace collaboration tool. It enables our team to work remotely and still collaborate on projects - with integration to JIRA and Confluence, the tool enables us to create War Rooms when problems occur and also provides information-sharing capabilities. Replaced HipChat.