Email on Acid vs Litmus: What are the differences?
Developers describe Email on Acid as "Email testing made simple". Email on Acid is the most affordable, self-serve email testing platform in the world. We can help you maximize the success of your email marketing efforts by diagnosing and improving your renderability, deliverability, click-throughs and conversions. On the other hand, Litmus is detailed as "*Email Testing and Email Marketing Analytics *". Litmus is a testing service for web and marketing professionals. It allows people to cross-browser test their websites, and test their email newsletters across a range of email clients and spam filters.
Email on Acid and Litmus can be primarily classified as "Email Testing" tools.
Some of the features offered by Email on Acid are:
- Preview your email in 8 operating systems, 6 web browsers, and 32 email clients - all within one click.
- Preview your email before you send it!- We manage hundreds of servers and mobile devices to deliver you the fastest results possible.
- Our Code Analysis identifies individual lines of code that are not supported in each email client.- Discrepancies are classified as critical, moderate, or minor. Critical errors might adversely affect your layout whereas minor errors might include unsupported fonts, alt, or title tags.
On the other hand, Litmus provides the following key features:
- You send us a copy of your email design, either by uploading the HTML or sending us a test email. Within a couple of minutes you'll see screenshots of your email as it's rendered by all the different email clients. Made a change? One click starts a re-test.
- PREVIEW IN REAL EMAIL CLIENTS- Litmus shows you screenshots of your email newsletter as it looks across all major email clients.
- CHECK ON MOBILE DEVICES- See your email on the most popular mobile devices. Litmus even lets you realistically scroll your email on the device.
"Most Affordable & Most Accurate Email Testing Tool" is the primary reason why developers consider Email on Acid over the competitors, whereas "Support for tons of email clients" was stated as the key factor in picking Litmus.
What is Email on Acid?
What is Litmus?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Email on Acid?
What are the cons of using Litmus?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Email on Acid?
Used Litmus at my previous employer and found it to be easy to use, with a great selection of email clients, and plain text. Even pretty old clients that I didn't think were around anymore! The display vs what I saw in the actual client was usually pretty accurate. Occasional differences, and can take a while to run all the tests. But, with so many clients, it's understandable.
Was a Litmus user for a few years til I came across Email on Acid.
Half the price, more clients available to test in, and previews seem more accurate, especially on mobile devices. Wish I didn't have to pay for this service at all but acid offers the best value.