What is Litmus?
Litmus is a testing service for web and marketing professionals. It allows people to cross-browser test their websites, and test their email newsletters across a range of email clients and spam filters.
Litmus is a tool in the Email Testing category of a tech stack.
Who uses Litmus?
35 companies reportedly use Litmus in their tech stacks, including Avocode, Mailchimp, and Socialbakers.
68 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Litmus.
Pros of Litmus
Support for tons of email clients
Great free trial offer
Review what the user sees
- You send us a copy of your email design, either by uploading the HTML or sending us a test email. Within a couple of minutes you'll see screenshots of your email as it's rendered by all the different email clients. Made a change? One click starts a re-test.
- PREVIEW IN REAL EMAIL CLIENTS- Litmus shows you screenshots of your email newsletter as it looks across all major email clients.
- CHECK ON MOBILE DEVICES- See your email on the most popular mobile devices. Litmus even lets you realistically scroll your email on the device.
- EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE- We preview your message on every major mobile device and email client.
- LIGHTNING-FAST- If you're trying to fix a rendering problem in your campaign, the last thing you want is to wait for your previews. We run hundreds of servers to ensure our system is the fastest in the industry.
- WORKS WITH ANY EMAIL PROVIDER- Litmus is the perfect complement to your email marketing program. As an independent company, our email testing tools are compatible with any email provider, so there's no need to switch.
Litmus Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Litmus?
See all alternatives
Email on Acid
Email on Acid is the most affordable, self-serve email testing platform in the world. We can help you maximize the success of your email marketing efforts by diagnosing and improving your renderability, deliverability, click-throughs and conversions.
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.
250ok is an email deliverability tools company that produces a Software‐as‐a‐Service (“SaaS”) platform to monitor and measure the deliverability of email networks. These networks consist of companies sending various forms of messages including marketing, transactional, share, and others from various platforms.
Live, Web-Based Browser Testing Instant access to all real mobile and desktop browsers. Say goodbye to your lab of devices and virtual machines.
Fake SMTP server for development teams to test, view and share emails sent from the development and staging environments without spamming real customers.