What is Appsmith?
It is an open source framework to build internal tools. The low code project comes with UI widgets like tables, charts, forms, map viewer, and more. Easily connect to REST APIs, Postgres, Mongo, and MySQL. Invite users and allow login with Google accounts.
Appsmith is a tool in the Low Code Platforms category of a tech stack.
Appsmith is an open source tool with GitHub stars and GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Appsmith's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Appsmith?
- Deploy Appsmith on your servers in 5 minutes
- Drag & drop, resize and style widgets without HTML / CSS
- Query & update your database directly from the UI. Connect to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, REST & GraphQL APIs
- Write snippets of business logic using JS to transform data, manipulate UI or trigger workflows. Use popular libraries like lodash & moment anywhere in the app
- Simple configuration to create flows when users interact with the UI
- Changes in your application reflect instantly with every edit. No need to compile
- Connect directly to any PostgreSQL, MySQL & MongoDB
- Control who can edit / view your applications from a single control panel
- Build and organise multiple applications on a single platform
Appsmith Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Appsmith?
See all alternatives
Google App Maker
App Maker lets you develop powerful apps with relative ease. Create a model to manage your data, build a UI in the visual editor, use Apps Script to write some scripts, and you're on your way.
Blazor is a .NET web framework that runs in any browser. You author Blazor apps using C#/Razor and HTML.
The API-based development platform enabling developers to do 80% of the job in 1% of the time thanks to: out of the box APIs for users and data, one-click integration with any API, scalable infrastructure and SDKs. Build Rome in a day.
It is a suite of apps, services, connectors and data platform that provides a rapid application development environment to build custom apps for your business needs. Using Power Apps, you can quickly build custom business apps that connect to your business data stored either in the underlying data platform (Common Data Service) or in various online and on-premises data sources (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, Dynamics 365, SQL Server, and so on).
Retool is the fast way to build internal tools. Drag-and-drop our building blocks and connect them to your databases and APIs to build your own tools, instantly. Built by developers, for developers. Trusted by startups and Fortune 500s.