Why people like
BitKeeper is a fast, enterprise-ready, distributed SCM that scales up to very large projects and down to tiny ones.
- Simple: An easy to use command line interface.
- Scalable: Nested Repositories are submodules done right! Version control collections of repositories.
- Flexible: Hybrid mode for binary files that uses a cloud of server for binaries instead of bloating the source repositories.
- Accurate: Tracking of file operations like creates, deletes, and renames.
- Safe: All file accesses validate checksums for integrity. All file writes include redundancy for error correction.
- Dependable: Highly accurate auto-merge that uses the whole history to resolve conflicts. Most other systems use variations of diff3.
- Discernable: Source annotations instantly available.
- Fast: High performance and scales to very large repositories.
- Free: Licensed under the Apache Version 2 license