Deis can deploy any application or service that can run inside a Docker container. In order to be scaled horizontally, applications must follow Heroku's 12-factor methodology and store state in external backing services.
- Deis can deploy any language or framework using a Dockerfile
- If you don't have a Dockerfile, Deis includes Heroku buildpacks for Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java, Clojure, Scala, Play, PHP, Perl, Dart and Go.
- Deis can be deployed on any system that supports CoreOS including your workstation, as well as most public clouds, private clouds and bare metal.
- Deploy any language or framework with a simple “git push”. Use Deis to promote existing Docker images through a CI/CD pipeline.
- Choose your hosting provider configuration. Integrate Deis with the monitoring and logging tools of your choice. Retain root access to everything.
- Scale application containers up or down with a single command. To scale capacity of the Deis platform, simply add or remove hosts from the cluster.
- Deis is free, open source software released under the Apache 2.0 license.
tools that are known for: