What is Kahlan?
It is a full-featured Unit & BDD test framework a la RSpec/JSpec which uses a describe-it syntax and moves testing in PHP one step forward.
Kahlan is a tool in the Testing Frameworks category of a tech stack.
Kahlan is an open source tool with 1K GitHub stars and 55 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Kahlan's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Kahlan?
Why developers like Kahlan?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Kahlan
Be the first to leave a pro
- RSpec/JSpec syntax
- Code Coverage metrics (xdebug or phpdbg required)
- Handy stubbing system (mockery or prophecy are no longer needed)
- Set stubs on your class methods directly (i.e allows dynamic mocking)
- Ability to Monkey Patch your code (i.e. allows replacement of core functions/classes on the fly)
- Check called methods on your classes/instances
- Built-in Reporters (Terminal or HTML reporting through istanbul or lcov)
- Built-in Exporters (Coveralls, Code Climate, Scrutinizer, Clover)
- Extensible, customizable workflow
Kahlan Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Kahlan?
See all alternatives
JUnit is a simple framework to write repeatable tests. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
Cucumber is a tool that supports Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) - a software development process that aims to enhance software quality and reduce maintenance costs.
Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby. Making TDD Productive and Fun.
PHPUnit is a programmer-oriented testing framework for PHP. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
Capybara helps you test web applications by simulating how a real user would interact with your app. It is agnostic about the driver running your tests and comes with Rack::Test and Selenium support built in. WebKit is supported through an external gem.