What is Kahlan?
It is a full-featured Unit & BDD test framework a la RSpec/JSpec which uses a describe-it syntax and moves testing in PHP one step forward.
Kahlan is a tool in the Testing Frameworks category of a tech stack.
Kahlan is an open source tool with 1K GitHub stars and 58 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Kahlan's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Kahlan?
Pros of Kahlan
Be the first to leave a pro
- RSpec/JSpec syntax
- Code Coverage metrics (xdebug or phpdbg required)
- Handy stubbing system (mockery or prophecy are no longer needed)
- Set stubs on your class methods directly (i.e allows dynamic mocking)
- Ability to Monkey Patch your code (i.e. allows replacement of core functions/classes on the fly)
- Check called methods on your classes/instances
- Built-in Reporters (Terminal or HTML reporting through istanbul or lcov)
- Built-in Exporters (Coveralls, Code Climate, Scrutinizer, Clover)
- Extensible, customizable workflow
Kahlan Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Kahlan?
See all alternatives
PHPUnit is a programmer-oriented testing framework for PHP. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
JUnit is a simple framework to write repeatable tests. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
Cucumber is a tool that supports Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) - a software development process that aims to enhance software quality and reduce maintenance costs.
Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby. Making TDD Productive and Fun.
Capybara helps you test web applications by simulating how a real user would interact with your app. It is agnostic about the driver running your tests and comes with Rack::Test and Selenium support built in. WebKit is supported through an external gem.